Use the communication program, HyperTerminal, to test for RS232 data transmission.
- Open HyperTerminal and name the session; for example, “test”. Click OK.
- Select the communication port that the scanner is connected to.
- Select restore defaults to the settings of 9600 bits per second, data bits 8, parity none, stop bits 1 and flow control none. Click OK.
- Scan the “ Set all defaults” barcode:
- Scan the “ Standard RS232C” host type barcode: This will set the scanner for the same settings as set in the HyperTerminal session.
- Scan a barcode to test.