Topic or Information
How to use BTExplorer to pair a WAP4 to a Windows 7 PC?
Workabout Pro 4 (WAP4)
Beginning with WAP4 OS image version 2.3, support for Stonestreet One Bluetooth stack called BTExplorer was added. This article provides a way to pair the WAP4 to a Windows 7 PC using BTExplorer.
1. On WAP4, launch BTExplorer
2. On Wizard mode, For Windows CE (CE) click on File> New Connection. For Windows Embedded Handheld (WEH), click on Menu> New Connection.
3. Select Pair with Remote Device then hit Next. Make sure the PC Bluetooth is enabled and discoverable.
4. Select target PC then hit Next. Example DJXQ76-02.
5. Confirm connection. Hit the Yes button then Finish.
6. On PC, click the notification, A Bluetooth device is trying to connect, to allow the WAP4 to connect.
7. Hit Next then Close to add the WAP4.
The PC may take a while to install the device driver software. Do not proceed to the next step until the PC has reported that the device has been installed successfully and ready to use.
8. To verify if the WAP4 has been added successfully, open Bluetooth Settings> COM Ports. There should be one COM port for Outgoing and one COM port for Incoming.