Issue / Question
CE and WM devices are having issue to connect with Window 10 PC via WMDC.
Zebra CE and WM devices
Resolution / Answer
Link to download Windows Mobile Device Center installer:
32-bit - download here
64-Bit- download here
Default or newly installed Window mobile device center app does not launch, either nothing happens or it will be stuck on the splash screen.
1. Enabling .Net features in Control Panel > Programs > Program and Features > Turn Window Feature on or off. Checked 2 available option under .Net Framework 3.5(Includes .Net 2.0 and 3.0)
2. Open services.msc
3. Go to Windows Mobile-2003-based device connectivity
4. Right click Windows Mobile-2003-based device connectivity，Windows Mobile-based device connectivity and click Properties
5. Go to Log On Tab
6. Choose Local System Account
7. Click Apply
8. Go to General Tab
9. Press Stop and wait
10. Once stopped, press Start
11. Press OK
If an error occurs indicating Windows could not start the Window Mobile-2003-based device connectivity service on Local Computer
Error 1079: The account specified is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process
Go to Log On Tab change the Log On to "This Account" "Local Service"
Using a local Administrator Account password as the Password
Go back to Step 7
12. On your PC, open a Command prompt with Run as administrator privileges and run the following 2 commands:
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapiMgr /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WcesComm /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
13. Restart your PC
14. Cross check again step 5 if it is set properly.
If you are still facing issue to connect with WM/WEHH 6.5 devices, please follow the steps below:
1. On the device, open the start menu
2. Open Settings
3. Open Connections
4. Open “USB to PC”
5. Uncheck “Enable advanced network functionality.
Sometimes, you may lose connection again after reconnecting mobile devices, please go through Solution 1 step 2 to 6 again and make sure the settings are there.
If all good, please disconnect the mobile devices and restart the 2 services mentioned in Solution 1 Step 3 and 4. Then, connect the mobile devices again.
Other Applicable solutions if primary solution doesn't work:
If you are using Windows 10 N (without Media Player), install the Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1703