Issue / Question
Configuring Format Convert through the LCD Display
Xi4 Series, ZE500, 105SL Plus
Resolution / Answer
The FORMAT CONVERT LCD Display menu item is a feature that allows a user to alter the printer resolution.
This feature allows an image to print on non-matching resolution printers.
The settings are limited to those described below.
- The printers print head resolution can never be made higher then the actual dpi of the print head installed.
If a 203 dpi print head is installed, it cannot be made to print like a 300 or 600 dpi print head.
By choosing a Format Convert value other than NONE, it will only make the print bigger.
Think of the Format Convert as a magnification factor:
- NONE = no magnification (resolution of print head installed)
Any one of the following choices will increase the size of the print by the magnification indicated:
- 150/300 = 2x (Using a 150 dpi format on a 300 dpi printer)
- 150/600 = 4x (Using a 150 dpi format on a 600 dpi printer)
- 200/600 = 3x (Using a 200 dpi format on a 600 dpi printer)
- 300/600 = 2x (Using a 300 dpi format on a 600 dpi printer)
The JM command allows you to alter the resolution in half.
For example a 300 DPI printer could be altered to 150 DPI if a ^JMB command was sent to the printer.
In effect the JMB doubles the print size.
^JM command details Read More>>