Issue / Question
GX and GK Series light indicator status.
GX-Series, GK420t, and GK420d Printers
Resolution / Answer
The status indicator light is located on the feed button indicating the status of the GX and GK Series printers. Regardless of the color, the status indicator light appears whenever the printer is turned on.
The symptoms addressed by this solution include:
- Solid Green Light
- Solid Red Light
- Solid Amber Light (Orange)
Refer to the printer status indicator from the table below:
Error 1 The LED is off - The printer is not receiving power.
- Did you power on the printer?
- Check the printer’s power connections from the wall outlet to the power supply, and from the power supply to the printer.
- Disconnect the printer from the wall outlet for 30 seconds and then reconnect the printer to the wall outlet.
Error 2 Solid Green - The printer is powered on and in idle status.
Error 3 Solid Amber - The printer has failed its Power-On Self-Test (POST).
- If this error occurs right after the printer is powered-on, kindly contact an authorized reseller for assistance. When the printer is operating normally, the printer status light will appear as amber for about 10 seconds before turning green (solid or blinking).
Error 3 Solid Amber - There is a memory error.
- If this error occurs after printing, turn the printer's power off and on, and then resume printing.
Error 3 Solid Amber - The printhead needs to cool down.
- If this error continues, power off the printer for five minutes or more, and then power it on. If the amber light persists, then the printer requires service.
Error 4 Flashing Green - The printer is receiving data.
- Once all the data has been received, the status LED will turn green and the printer will automatically resume operation.
Error 5 Flashing Red - The media is out.
Error 5 Flashing Red - The ribbon is out. (This does not apply to Direct Thermal models.)
Error 5 Flashing Red - The printhead is open.
- Close the top cover and then press the Feed button to resume printing.
Error 6 Double Flash Green - The printer is paused.
- Press the Feed button to resume printing.
Error 7 Flashing Amber - The printhead is over temperature.
- Printing will cease operation when it is over temperature and will only resume when the printhead cools down to an acceptable printing temperature. The printer will automatically resume operation.
Error 8 Alternate Green Red - FLASH memory is not programmed.
- Kindly return the printer to an authorized reseller for further assistance.
Error 9 Red and Red Green - The printhead or motor is experiencing critical failure.
- Kindly return the printer to an authorized reseller for assistance.
Error 10 Solid Red - The memory is not programmed properly or appears as faulty.
- Kindly replace the main motherboard.