Using the DS3407 to Capture Images
Article ID: 02155576
The DS3407 can take pictures, but requires a SNAPI application developed with the Zebra Scanner Software Developer Kit (Scanner SDK) ( Read More>>). The Scanner SDK includes sample applications that can be used to put the DS3407 into SNAPI mode to take images. The examples below are from the C++ sample:
1. The sample programs can be found in the Motorola Scanner folder under Scanner SDK. Choose either the C++ or C# Sample Application.
2. With the DS3407 or any other imaging Motorola scanner connected with a USB cable click Discovered scanners to display the connected device.
3. Go to the Scanner Actions tab. in the Switch Host Variant box change the host to SNAPI with Imaging then click Swtich Host Mode.
4. The scanner will disappear from the Connected Scanners section while it switches host types.
5. Once the host mode has successfully swtiched the scanner will be displayed again with the COM Interface of SNAPI. The scanner is now capable of capturing images.
6. Click the Image/Video tab.
7. Click the Image button.
8. The scanner Aiming beam is illuminated.
9. Pull the scanner trigger and an image populates the viewfinder.
10. To save the image select the Save Image button, Browse to the desired location, name the image, click Save.