The purpose of these documents is to guide a user on how to up a static IP address on a ZXP 7 or 8 printer
- ZXP Series 7 with Ethernet option
- ZXP Series 8 with Ethernet option
- An Ethernet cable connected to a live network switch or hub
- A USB printer driver to use the Toolbox option
- A PC connected to the same network as the printer
- Need to know what IP address, Subnet, and Gateway values need to be assigned to the printer
All Zebra card printers are, by default, configured to have DHCP (Dynamic Host Control Protocol) enabled and will attempt to acquire an IP address from the DHCP Server when initially activated on the network.
Users may need to configure a permanent, or "static," IP address when DHCP is not available, or when DHCP assigns an IP that does not meet the application's or driver's requirements. Setting a static IP also prevents the printer from being assigned a different IP whenever the Ethernet cable is unplugged or when printer is power-cycled.
The wired print server can be configured three ways:
- Through the Operator Control Panel (OCP)
- Using the printer's web page (a PC connected to the same network as the printer is required)
- Using the Toolbox from the printer driver (a USB driver needs to be installed) Read More>>
See the following link for step-by-step instructions for all three options. Read More>>
Note: Screenshots may be from a different printer model but the steps should be the same.