How to Configure Wired Print Server on ZXP 7 and ZXP 8 Printers
Article ID: 55044394
The purpose of these documents is to guide a user on how to up a static IP address on a ZXP 7 or 8 printer
All Zebra card printers are, by default, configured to have DHCP (Dynamic Host Control Protocol) enabled and will attempt to acquire an IP address from the DHCP Server when initially activated on the network.
Users may need to configure a permanent, or "static," IP address when DHCP is not available, or when DHCP assigns an IP that does not meet the application's or driver's requirements. Setting a static IP also prevents the printer from being assigned a different IP whenever the Ethernet cable is unplugged or when printer is power-cycled.
The wired print server can be configured three ways:
See the following link for step-by-step instructions for all three options. Read More>>
Note: Screenshots may be from a different printer model but the steps should be the same.
- ZXP Series 8 High Security Retransfer Card Printer
- ZXP Series 7 Pro High Performance Card Printers
- ZXP Series 8 Secure Issuance Card Printer
- ZXP Series 7 Card Printer
- ZXP Series 7 High Performance Card Printers
- ZXP Series 8 Card Printer
- ZXP Series 7 with Laminator