This document explains how to enable or disable the pre-feed function on certain card printers
- Value line printers: P110i, P110m, P120i
- ZXP printers: ZXP Series 1 & 3
The pre-feed function is when a card is pre-fed into the printer and so it's ready to print when a job is sent; this occurs when first powering on the printer or after a print job. The main benefit of this function is to increase printing speed and output. However, some users may not like this function and would like to disable it. Some printers, like the ZXP Series 1, are configured with pre-feed by default. Below are the steps to enable or disable this function using EPCL commands (card printer command language).
- Go to the Start Menu> Printers and Faxes (Windows XP) or Devices and Printers (Windows 7)
- Right click on your Zebra Card printer and select Properties (Windows XP) or Printer Properties (Windows 7)
- Go to the Device Settings tab
- Click on Tools
- For Value line printers, click the Properties button
- In the Command to Send to Printer area, type
- "+PRF 1" to enable the pre-feed or
- "+PRF 0" to disable the pre-feed
- Click the Execute button; "ACK" should show under Printer Status to indicate the command was accepted successfully
- Clear the command line and type "SDATA"
- Click Execute once again to see the "ACK"; this command saves the changes
- You may close all windows
The new pre-feed setting should be in effect. You can confirm after you power-cycle the printer or after sending a print job.