How to Remap the Red button to a Tab Button on the MC3000
Article ID: 61116597
How to Remap the Red button to a Tab Button on the MC3000 User would like to customize the Red button key press to simulate a Tab button key press.
By default, the Red button is not mapped to any key.
Modify the file to remap the key.
// 0, // 01 Red key (For now, leave Red key unmapped.)
add the following line:
SC_TABKEY, // 01 Red key remapped to tab key
- Install the Device Configuration Package (DCP) for MC3000c42 v1.0, available on http://support.symbol.com
- Using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 or later, open the project file makebins.dsp. By default this is located in X:\Program Files\Symbol Device Configuration Packages\MC3000C42X\v1.0\Tools\kbtool, where X is the drive letter where the DCP is installed.
- In file MC3000Key48S.cpp, comment out the line as follows:
- Build makebins.exe and then execute this file. One of the files generated is MC3000-xx.sct, where xx indicates the number of keys on the keypad. For example, for a 48-key keypad the file name is
MC3000-48.sct. Copy this file into the \Platform\Keyboard folder of the MC3000.
- Cold-boot the MC3000. (Simultaneously press and hold the 1, 9, and Power keys. Do not hold down any other keys or buttons.)