Topic or Information
Benefits of swabbing transport rollers and Print Head.
Zebra Card Printers
This solution is useful for
- All card printer models except the P620, P640, ZXP 7, and ZXP 8.
- Thorough cleaning of transport rollers and print head.
- Preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining life of the print head.
Symptoms addressed by this solution include
- Ribbon residue on rollers.
- Cards print with dust particles on the surface.
- Printer is dirty.
- Intermittent card jams/stall.
- Maintaining the life of the print head.
Cleaning transport rollers and Print Head.
Tools needed: Alcohol-moistened cleaning swabs
- Remove ribbon, cleaning cartridge, feed cage, and cards from printer.
- Unlatch Print Head so that it is in the up position.
- With cleaning swab, swab platen roller of printer (roller directly under print head assembly.) To move platen roller for a more thorough cleaning, rotate entry roller with your finger this will cause the platen roller to rotate, allowing you to clean all around.
- Do the same for the roller underneath the supply spindle. You will need to push the pressure spring down from the back so that the front moves up. Do not press the pressure roller up from the front, this may cause the pressure roller to unlatch from the shaft and fall out of place.
- Repeat this process for the entry roller, turning the platen roller with your finger will cause the entry roller to turn, allowing you to clean the entire roller.
- Go into Device Settings tab, Tools, Properties of the driver. In the section that allows commands to be sent direct to the printer, type ME using upper case characters. Click Execute or Send. This will cause the feed roller to spin for several seconds. Repeat as necessary.
- While feed roller is spinning, clean feed roller with cleaning swab.
- Use new cleaning swab to clean the print head. Gently clean Print Head by moving swab tip side-to-side across Print Head elements.
- For cleaning magnetic-roller and exit roller, use pre-saturated cleaning card and self cleaning system of printer.
Cleaning Information Read More>>