Topic or Information
Identifying the Standard and Enhanced version of the G-Series Printers
GX-Series and GK Series Printers
- Unable to downgrade firmware on a printer.
- Determine differences in the parallel port.
- Identifying a printer with a Rev 2 Logic Board
- Revision 2 changes to the MLB
The enhanced G-Series desktop printers include the following new features:
- We’ve replaced the original parallel port on the GX-Series models with a Centronics parallel port, and added this port to the GK-Series models as well. This more common parallel port is the same as the 2844/2844-Z and 3842/3844-Z printers, so customers using these printers can reuse their current cables when migrating to the enhanced G-Series.
- Now the GK-Series models include triple connectivity at no extra cost. These printers will come standard with Serial, USB and Centronics parallel connectivity.
- You already know the G-Series has EPL and ZPL programming languages pre-installed. Now, a new auto-sensing EPL/ZPL serial port uses smart technology to automatically detect whether an EPL or ZPL serial cable is plugged in, and sets the printer to function accordingly.
- We are re-introducing wireless on the desktop category. The GX-Series models will offer an optional 802.11 b/g wireless radio interface that includes an LCD user interface.
- The enhanced G-Series printers are ENERGY STAR qualified. The ENERGY STAR symbol identifies products that are among the most energy-efficient set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Discontinuance of Current G-Series
The current G-Series desktop printers will be discontinued and replaced with the enhanced G-Series. An example of the new configuration part numbers are noted below.
Notice the additional character -
2. To view the full configuration options, see the following link:
The first release of firmware for the Enhanced G Series was Vx.17.9Z. Do not attempt to downgrade to firmware older than Vx.17.9Z. The printer will not accept older versions of firmware.