Topic or Information
The retransfer process is accomplished by using an evenly heated roller to adhere the image to the card. To selectively exclude specific areas of the card from the transfer process a transfer inhibitor must be applied to the film.
Zebra ZXP Series 8 Card Printers
Zebra ZXP Series 9 Card Printers
Zebra provides two print ribbons with an Inhibit panel. The inhibit panels prevents transfer of the film to the card wherever it is applied on the film.
800012-942 Zebra i Series Color Ribbon for ZXP Series 8 and 9 , 5 Panel YMCKI, 500 images
800012-944 Zebra i Series Color Ribbon for ZXP Series 8 and 9, 6 Panel YMCKKI, 415 images
ZXP 8 Iinhibit Panel Pop-Up Settings
The Inhibit pop-up window allows you to select the inhibit panel area for mag stripe, signature panel, or other non-printing areas of a card. This window is available only when using ribbons with an inhibitor panel; e.g., YMCKi.
To access the Inhibit pop-up window,
- Select Start > Printers and Faxes.
- Right click on the Zebra ZXP Series 8 Card Printer listing
- Select Printing Preferences > Card Setup
- Select Ribbon info > Front Inhibit... or Back Inhibit...
The figure below shows settings for the front side of the card; settings for the back side of the card are identical.
Select the inhibit panel area:
- Disable Inhibit: Default.
- Inhibit printing on magnetic stripe: Places a no-print zone arounnd the mag stripe area.
- Inhibit printing on smartcard contact: Places a no-print zone arounnd the smartcard chip area.
Bitmap based inhibit panel area: This option is enabled when Custom file based inhibit area (see above) is selected. To locate the bitmap, click on the Browse button to bring up a dialog for choosing the file.
ZXP 9 Iinhibit Panel Pop-Up Settings
How to buy Zebra Card Printer Supplies Read More>>