This document describes where to get the printer driver and installation details
All Zebra card printers
- PC with internet access
- Communication cable (USB or Ethernet)
- May need to have administrator rights to install drivers
- Supported Windows Operating System
Users may choose to run the installation CD that comes with the printer, which is fine. However, our website will have the latest driver version which may help solve certain issues and provide optimum performance for your printer. When possible, we recommend installing the driver from Zebra's website. Each computer that will use the printer must have the Printer Driver installed.
Each printer's driver installation process may be different. However when using USB connection, it is very important that the printer is connected to the PC AFTER the driver has been installed. Connecting the printer before driver installation may result in an "unspecified" driver on your Devices and Printers list. Ethernet cable should be connected before driver installation.
To install the driver:
- Go to Zebra's website: www.zebra.com
- Select the Support and Downloads tab
- Choose your printer model from the dropdown list under Printer Support
- Select the Drivers tab
- Verify the your printer driver is compatible with the listed Operating Systems
- Download the driver and follow the instructions in the driver Installation Wizard
- Make sure the wizard completes and restart your PC (if the wizard prompts you to)
- Connect the USB cable to the printer/PC once your PC is back on (if restart was required)
- Go to Printers and Faxes (Windows XP) or Devices and Printers (Windows 7 & 8) and verify the Zebra card printer is installed
Please contact Zebra Technical Support if you have problems or questions regarding this procedure.