The following document pertains to the installation of the wireless print server option for the ZXP Series 8 Card Printer as well as the instructions on how to properly configure the settings for the wireless network card. If your printer already has the wireless print server installed, you can move right to the configuration information.
Zebra ZXP Series 8 Card Printer
Before configuring the Wireless Print Server, you may need to know the following:
- The name of the wireless network that the printer is going to connect to (ESSID).
- If the network that you're going to attempt to connect the Wireless Print Server to is secure, you may need to know the security type.
- The Security Key (currently the Wireless Print Server supports either WEP or WPA) that allows devices to connect to the wireless network.
The Wireless Print Server can be configured three ways
- Through the OCP (operator control panel)
- Using the Windows Driver Toolbox via USB or Wired Ethernet Connection
- Through the printer's Web page with a wired Ethernet Connection.
For detailed instructions on all three, see the following link for WirelessPSconfiguration.pdf. Read More>>
If using WEP, the key has to be exactly 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters. Hexadecimal characters are A-F, a-f and 0-9.
If using WPA/PSK, the passkey should be between 0-63 ASCII characters. The passkey is case sensitive.
If the wireless network is not secure, then you will not need a passkey.
Configuring Wired ZXP7 or ZXP8 Card Printer Print Server Read More>>