Installing User Certificate via ActiveSync for EAP-TLS Authentication
Article ID: 00035590
How to install a User Certificate for EAP-TLS Authentication?
Apples to All Symbol Terminals Supporting EAP-TLS
- User Certificate installs as a Root Certificate when being installed via ActiveSync
- The User Certificate can only be installed by connecting to theCertificate authority server and downloading it.
- Connect to a wireless network that is not using authentication in order to connect to the CA server and download the certificate.
- Once the certificate is installed, you will then be able to connect and authenticate using EAP-TLS.
- Connect to a wireless network that has access to the EAP-TLS server, but does not require authentication.
- On the handheld device, click the Mobile Companion icon at the bottom right and select WLAN Profiles.
- Highlight the current WLAN you are connected to and click Edit.
- Click on Authentication and select EAP-TLS.
- Click on InstallàView Certificates.
- Click on User (client) TLS only.
- Enter your username in domain\user format, password and IP address of the EAP-TLS server.
- Click Retrieve.
- Once downloaded, you should now be able to connect to the WLAN that requires Authentication.