Printer displays Error 5002 or Error 5008– Invalid Ribbon
- ZXP Series 7 Card Printers
- ZXP Series 8 Card Printers
- ZXP S7 and S8 i-Series Ribbons
The built-in RFID chip in the i-series ribbon's core communicates with the printer to determine the type of ribbon installed. When this communication fails, the printer may display this error.
- Ribbon is not installed correctly. Each ribbon spool is color coded to match the printer's supply and take up spindles. Please make sure ribbon are installed correctly on the ZXP S7 Read More>> or the ZXP S8 Read More>>
- The RFID chip on the ribbon is damaged. Replace the ribbon with a brand new one. If the new ribbon is good, then the error should no longer appear. If a brand new ribbon gives you this problem, please contact your reseller for a possible replacement.
If problems persist, please contact Technical Support for further assistance. Users may need to contact a Zebra Authorized Service Providers (ZASP) for service or create a Repair Order (RO) in order to send the printer to Repair Services. Read More>>
To find a ZASP, please use our Partner Locator web page. Read More>>