Topic or Information
The following is an explanation of the status indicator Blink Codes
Zebra Kiosk Printers
The status indicator shows the following:
- If light is on constantly this means the printer is operational.
- If the light flashes rapidly then this would indicate an error.
Hold down the feed-forward button and the following number of blinks will reflect the status-code.
1 - Presenter jam, paper cannot be ejected / retracted.
2 - Cutter cannot return to home position.
3 - Out of paper.
4 - Print Head lifted.
5 - Paper feed error (under head).
6 - Temp error, print head is above 60 degrees (Celsius).
7 - Paper jam during present.
8 - Paper jam during retract.
10 - Black mark not found (on media load).
11 - Black mark calibration error.
Fast flashes Checksum error at firmware loading.
Steady light Wrong firmware type or target at firmware loading.
Status-codes are reset:
- When the conditions causing them are removed
- When the printer is turned off/on
- When the printhead is lifted and then lowered.
Blink, blink, pause, blink, blink is the warning-code for paper low.
The warning-code is reset automatically when the condition causing it is removed.