LS4071 Cradle Attached via STI85-0200R (USB) Loses Connection to Synapse when PC Is Powered Down
Article ID: 35187231
When connecting the LS4071 with USB Synapse (part number STI85-0200R), the cradle will lose its connection to the Synapse cable when the PC is powered down.
The base resets 10 -15 seconds after the PC has been powered down. If the PC is powered after the base resets, the cradle will be defaulted for a serial connection, even though it is connecting via USB.
To resolve this issue, after the PC has fully powered up the power cord of the cradle must be disconnected for 1-2 moments and then reconnected.
- Place the scanner in the cradle.
- Disconnect power from the cradle and reconnect after 1-2 moments. The scanner should retain its connection with the cradle through the loss of power.
- Scan a test barcode. If the test is successful STOP here. If four error beeps are emitted after the decode beep proceed with the remaining steps.
- Scan the “Pair” bar code located on the base.
- Proceed with programming the STI85-0200R using the appropriate programming bar codes.