Making the Sleep Timeout Settings Persistent on the MC90xx Running Windows CE .NET 4.2
Article ID: 64663990
The time settings for the sleep timeout for both battery and AC power on the MC90xx units are lost when the device is hard reset.
The device goes back to default settings whenever the device is hard reset.
Modify and save the registry key specific for these settings.
- Create a new text file with notepad.
- Paste the following registry settings into the file:
- To make changes to the settings, modify the time values for each setting.
- Note – These values must be hexadecimal (use the Windows calculator to convert from decimal).
- The maximum value for each can be up 300 seconds, or 12C hexadecimal.
- Save the file as “timeout.reg”
- Connect to the device through ActiveSync.
- Click the explore button, and then browse to the Application folder of the device.
- Drag and drop the timeout.reg file into the Application folder.
- Perform a hard reset for the settings to take effect.