This document provides information on how to print dual sided cards on specific printers
Zebra Card printers equipped with a flipper station
- A Card Printer driver needs to be installed Read More>>
The Zebra P120i, P430i, P420i, P520i, P620, P630i/P640i, P720i, and ZXP Series 3, 7, 8, and 9 printers can print double sided cards in color or monochrome. The P520i, P620, P630i/P640i, P720i, ZXP Series 7, and ZXP Series 8 provide the additional capability of adding a laminate patch to one or both sides for increased durability.
Generally these settings will most likely be controlled by the software application and the procedure to change these settings will vary. However, you can access the Printing Preferences in the printer driver to make changes as well:
- Go to Start menu and select Printers and Faxes (Windows XP) or Devices and Printers (Windows 7)
- Right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences
At this point the tabs and menus may be different depending on the printer model but you should be able to locate these two settings:
- Print on Both Sides. Make sure this setting is set to YES.
- Front and Back or Ribbon Combination. Here you will need to choose what ribbon combination will you be printing on the cards. For example, if printing color on the front and black on the back using a YMCKOK ribbon, then you need to choose the Front YMCKO, K Back option.
- Apply the changes and send a test card.
If you have additional questions or problems, please contact Zebra Technical Support.
To get most out of your Zebra ribbon when printing dual sided, make sure you have the ribbon with the correct amount of color panels. To get ribbon recommendations, please contact a Zebra Customer Representative or a Zebra Card Reseller. Read More>>