Topic or Information
Zebra Card Printers can be used with 10-mil adhesive cards but issues may arise if third party cards are used rather than Zebra brand cards.
This solution is useful for
- All printer models except P620, P640, P120.
- Media Selection.
Symptoms addressed by this solution
- Ribbon breaking / tearing.
- Poor edge to edge print.
Recommended 10-mil card for printing:
The Zebra 10-mil card (P/N 104523-010), is the recommended card for all uses requiring an adhesive backed card.
- This two part card has a white 10-mil adhesive backed card with a 14-mil Mylar liner layer, thus making the whole card appear to the printer as a 24-mil thick card for feeding and printing purposes.
- The 24-mil adhesive cards allow for full edge to edge color printing
- Less deposition of excess adhesive in the card path
Note: Non-Zebra recommended cards may cause printing / mechanical problems. For best results use Zebra recommended cards only. Paper-backed adhesive cards are not supported as the waxpaper will cause the card to slip on the feed rollers, resulting in broken ribbons and inconsistent print quality.
Purchase Media for Zebra Card Printers Read More>>