Topic or Information
There are red and blue vertical lines printing on my cards.
This solution is useful for:
- All card printer models except the P620 and P640.
- Print Quality troubleshooting.
This solution addresses the following problems:
- Blue and red vertical lines.
- Poor print quality.
Possible causes for blue and red vertical lines.
- The most common cause for this issue is a damaged stepper motor belt. If the stepper motor belt is damaged the lines will be in a different position on the card each time a new card is printed.
- This printing defect can also be caused by a groove or indentation on the platen roller. A damaged platen roller will create vertical lines that resemble the lines of a rainbow.
For both of these problems contact your card printer service provider for assistance.