Restoring Default Config on the WS5x00 running firmware v1.x or 2.x
Article ID: 92795712
How can you restore the default config file from the CLI of the WS5000? How can you restore the default config file from the CLI of the WS5100?
Applies to both WS5100 and WS5000 running firwmare code v1.x or v2.x onlyy
- Connect to the serial port and access the CLI.
- After logging in type dir to view the default config file name. The file name will have the firmware version in it.
- EXAMPLE: WS5000Defaults_v22.214.171.124.cfg
- Access the configuration mode by typing “con” at the WS5000 prompt:
- EXAMPLE: WS5000>con
- Type: restore config <file name>. Ex: WS5000.(Cfg)> restore config WS5000Defaults_v126.96.36.199.cfg.
- Press Y to reset the switch.