Issue / Question
How to solve VOIDs and improper RFID tag encoding for ZT400R series printers?
ZT400R Series RFID Printers (ZT410R and ZT420R)
Resolution / Answer
The following are some tips and best practices to resolve VOIDs and improper RFID tag encoding for ZT400R series printers.
- Ensure printer is properly calibrated to your label media's length.
The default of the RFID printers at Media Power Up and Head Close is Feed so the printer may not properly calibrate your media's length. On standard printers it is Calibration.
Perform a Media/Ribbon Cal
(this is a full media calibration) to ensure that the media is properly calibrated to the appropriate label length. This is the most vital step to correcting voids as if the calibrated label length is incorrect, the program position will be incorrect as well and cause voids when printing/encoding. If you are not familiar with this procedure, See: ZT400 Series Printers -- Calibrating the Printer and correcting Media Errors
This appropriately sets the RFID settings (RFID Program Position, RFID Antenna, and RFID Read and Write Power, and so forth).
To do this, follow the steps provided below:
- Navigate the front panel into the RFID Menu , and scroll to the RFID Calibrate parameter.
- Click the right hand dash under the LCD screen to start the calibration.
- Send a known good tag format such as the following. Please use Zebra Setup Utilities to perform the test.
Ensure that there is no voiding and that only the tag quantity specified is printed/encoded. If this correctly prints/encodes, move to setting up your software.
||Software can override the printer and cause voids so please ensure proper settings are being applied.
Quick encoding test format:
This format is a quick way to verify that the printer is able to read and write the tag without errors.
||This writes data to the tag. Nothing gets printed.
- While printing, make sure the media cover is closed. This keeps the dust out and prevents radio frequency from being emitted.
- If the steps above do not work, check to make sure the printer is at the current firmware level: printer firmware and reader firmware. Print a configuration label to check this.
||If reader firmware is not listed on the website no update is available or it has been built into the printer's firmware.
||When installing firmware into your printer, please be patient. If you shut off the printer in the middle of the download, the printer will not receive the entire application and cause issues within the printer's memory.
- Check your environment for interference such as external reader/antenna, radio waves, electrical power cables, cordless phones, and so forth.
- If you do not have RFID hardware in your ZT400 Series Printer, contact your Zebra Reseller or Zebra Technical Support for appropriate upgrade kit part numbers.