Topic or Information
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Kiosk printer drivers
Zebra Kiosk Printers
Each release of the driver should be installed on a system free of previous versions. There is an automated uninstaller application which can be found on your printers support page. The following link brings you to Zebra.com Support and Downloads where you can enter your Product Name / Model Number or select Printers, scroll down to Kiosk Printers, and click on your Printer.
Once on the printer's support page, click on the Software Utilities tab and you will find the uninstaller. Read More>>
If this tool does not function you must perform these steps manually to ensure there is no interference between driver components of different versions. These steps apply to Windows 2000 & XP systems.
1. Delete the printer from the Printers & Faxes Control Panel.
2. Right click on a blank area of the Printer & Faxes control panel and select Server Properties. Go to the Drivers tab and delete the driver you are going to upgrade.
3. Stop the Spooler service, either in the Services section of Computer Management or by going to a command (DOS) prompt and issuing the command 'net stop spooler' (without the single quotes).
4. Remove the Swecoin INF & PNF device information files. To do this, search the C:\Windows\INF directory for any .inf directory that contains Swecoin driver information. This is, by default, a hidden folder, so you will have to enable the showing of hidden files & folders. Older driver versions may have this information in an oem??.inf file. Newer versions store this information in ttp17.inf or ttp8x00.inf. Delete this .inf files and their corresponding .PNF files.
5. Go to C:\Windows\system32 and delete the following files, if they exist: ttpmon.dll, 8x00mon.dll, 10x0mon.dll, 20x0mon.dll, 70x0mon.dll.
6. Reboot your computer and reinstall the printer drivers according to the install documentation.
Please note that the uninstall tool does not apply to Kiosk Driver versions 0.3.510.33 and above.