Which Model LS400X Scanner Interfaces with Which Host Type?
Article ID: 15076256
Which Model LS400X Scanner Interfaces with Which Port Type? Need to know what the different part numbers stand for so that the correct scanner and cabling can be ordered with respect to the LS400X series.
LS4005 , LS4004 , LS4000
The scanners have multiple part numbers for different interfaces with computer terminals. Know what the default interfaces of the LS400x series are (see note #3 under Action Steps):
- o LS4000 is an undecoded scanner only and can use a DB9 cable for scanner emulation.
- LS4004 scanner is meant to interface serially with a DB9 cable via RS232.
- LS4005 scanner is meant to interface with IBM 468x/9x terminals via port 5b or 9b.
- LS4006 scanner is meant to interface with a computer thru theKeyboard Wedge port.
- LS4007 scanner is meant to interface to a computer thru the USB series A port, or to a Power Plus port.
- LS4008 scanner can interface to a computer; RS232, PS/2 or USB series A port, Wand and Scanner emulation.
- The above scanners are made to communicate to terminals by a specific port via default setting.
- The LS400X series scanners will have a direct connect cable for its default setting and possibly other ports that can be enabled.
- All LS400X series scanners with the exception of the LS4000, can be made to communicate to any host for which a Synapse cable is available. In this case the appropriate Synapse adapter cable and programmable Synapse Smart cable must both be ordered.