From the Front Panel LCD of the printer press Setup/Exit and scroll until you see:
Media and Ribbon
Important • Follow this procedure exactly as presented. All of the steps must be performed even if only one of the sensors requires adjustment. You may press MINUS (-) at any step in this procedure to cancel the process.
1. Press PLUS (+) to start the calibration procedure.
The LOAD BACKING prompt displays.
2. Open the printhead.
3. Remove approximately 8 in. (203 mm) of labels from the backing, and pull the media into the printer so that only the backing is between the media sensors.
Note: If you are using Black Mark Media load media assuring the Black Mark is not over the Reflective Sensor. See the Reflective Sensor Read More>>
4. Leave the printhead open.
5. Press PLUS (+) to continue.
The REMOVE RIBBON prompt displays.
6. Remove the ribbon (if used).
7. Close the printhead.
8. Press PLUS (+) to continue.
The message CALIBRATING PLEASE WAIT displays. The printer adjusts the scale (gain) of the signals that it receives from the media and ribbon sensors based on the specific media and ribbon combination being used. On the sensor profile, this essentially corresponds to moving the peak of the graph up or down to optimize the readings for your application.
When calibration is complete, RELOAD ALL displays.
9. Open the printhead and pull the media forward until a label is
positioned under the media sensor.
10. Reload the ribbon (if used).
11. Close the printhead.
12. Press PLUS (+) to continue.
The printer performs an auto-calibration. During this process, the printer checks the readings for the media and ribbon based on the new scale established, determines the label length, and determines the print mode. To see the new readings on the new scale, print a sensor profile.