Communicating to printer via Parallel Port connection
ZM Series printers using the Parallel Port communications
IEEE1284 compatible cable
Host communicating via the Parallel Port
Z-Series printers support parallel port communications as a standard option. Use of a IEEE1284 compatible cable is recommended to avoid communication issues.
Normally a simple connection and host queue setup is all that is needed. If this does not function as expected ensure the following:
- You are using an IEEE 1284 compatible cable and it does not exceed 10 feet in length. (6 ft recommended)
- The LCD display menu item PARALLEL COMM should be set to match your host capabilities. Read More>>
Note: Older host may required UNIDIRECTIONAL while modern systems use BIDIRECTIONAL.
- Make sure you are sending ZPL or the printer will not respond. Use a hex dump to view printed data received Read More>>
- The printer PROTOCOL Setting is set to NONE Read More>>
- Try testing communications using the Zebra Setup Utility Read More>>
If using the utility is successful you will have to focus troubleshooting your queue setup.
Download the Zebra Setup Utility Read More>>
Cancel Test to view current configuration parameters information details Read More>>
HEX dump for communication diagnostics information details Read More>>
Parallel port parameters information Read More>>