Topic or Information
LCD displays “RFID ERROR-NO READER PRESENT” error.
ZD500 Desktop Printer
The ZD500 printer does not have an RFID module installed and if it is mistakenly set to expect this option the error will occur.
To correct the issue send the Set Get Do "rfid.enable" "off" command to the printer. This will correctly configure the printer preventing the error.
Note: This procedure uses the Zebra Setup Utility however, the attached SetRFID.EnableToOff.sgd file can be sent to the printer to accomplish modifying the settings using any data transmission method available in your environment.
Zebra Setup Utility web page Read More>>.
1. Download and install Zebra Setup Utilities to allow communicating the command to the printer. Read More>>
2. Launch Zebra Setup Utilities.
3. Select the ZD500-300dpi or ZD500-200dpi printer from list.
4. Click “Open Communication With Printer” button.
5. Copy these two command lines into the send window.
! U1 setvar "rfid.enable" "off"
! U1 getvar "rfid.enable"
6. The Data Receive Window will display the response from the printer (“off”).
7. Switch printer off then on. When the printer initializes the LCD will show “PRINTER READY” and not “RFID ERROR-NO READER PRESENT”.