Issue / Question
How to stop the printer from skipping labels during the printing process?
How to fixed the printer so that its printing position does not drift on the labels?
Why is the red light flashing?
ZP Series Shipping Printers, ZP450, ZP500
Resolution / Answer
Calibration is recommended whenever facing issues such as:
- Labels are skipped during the printing process.
- Print position is drifting up and down on the labels.
- Labels stopping in random locations.
- Feed Button (Status Light) is flashing red and the printhead is closed.
||NOTE The printer is designed for the single purpose printing of shipping labels for the UPS Worldship (ZP450) or Fed Ex Shipping (ZP500) applications. Ensure to use the correct labels and driver specified by the shipping vendor.
- Load the printer with the labels for your application.
- Power on the printer.
- Press and hold the Feed Button until it flashes two times then release it.
- Allow the printer to complete feeding labels and print sensor profiles.
- Now the printer is calibrated.
- Press the feed key and one label should be issued each time.