Printer fails to complete selftest exhibiting one of these symptoms
- Freezes or will lockup during power up selftest
- LCD printer models (ZT230 ) may stop at the Zebra logo (ZT220 will freeze at some point with the front panel lights on)
- Printer will no longer receive commands
- Printer stops with Decompressing Firmware on the Display
- Printer loses stored parameters or stored objects disappear
ZT200 Series printers with firmware V72.18.4Z and Earlier.
Cause or Overview
A memory allocation problem was identified as the cause of this problem and was corrected in firmware version V72.19.6Z.
Upload the latest firmware from the Zebra Website to correct the problem. (V72.19.6Z or later)
Procedure for updating printer firmware Read More>>
Note: If normal upgrade procedures fail you may have to put the printer into a forced download mode to load the firmware.
Force Download Procedure for the ZT230 Printer. Read More>>
Force Download Procedure for the ZT220/ZT210 Printer. Read More>>