Topic or Information
How to put the ZT220 printer into forced download mode to accept firmware
This procedure is used when the printer fails to recognize attempts to load a firmware file.
Please Note: You can only use a Serial Communication cable (Serial Settings: 115200,8,N,1) or a USB** cable for this procedure. (Ethernet or Parallel ports are not active in this mode.)
**If using USB you will need to use the ZDownloader Utility to send the file to the printer Read More>>
Force Download Procedure
1) Make sure the printer is powered off.
2) Press and hold all three buttons on the front panel as highlighted in the picture below.
3) Power the printer on while continuing to hold the buttons until you see Status (and Pause - earlier versions only) Icon(s) LED(s) flashing.
Early Firmware Later Firmware
4) The printer is now in Force Download Mode.
5) You can now begin to download the firmware to the printer.
Firmware and download instructions can be found on the Zebra Website Read More>>
**Note: Use the Zdownloader Utility available from the Support & Downloads page under the Utilities when in Force Download Mode. Read More>>
6) Once the firmware is successfully installed, the printer will reboot and print a configuration report to verify the firmware version.