ZT220 Firmware Download Failure and Force Download Mode
Article ID: 46351647
Topic or Information
How to put the ZT220 printer into forced download mode to accept firmware
This procedure is used when the printer fails to recognize attempts to load a firmware file.
Please Note: You can only use a Serial Communication cable (Serial Settings: 115200,8,N,1) or a USB** cable for this procedure. (Ethernet or Parallel ports are not active in this mode.)
**If using USB you will need to use the ZDownloader Utility to send the file to the printer Read More>>
Force Download Procedure
1) Make sure the printer is powered off.
2) Press and hold all three buttons on the front panel as highlighted in the picture below.
3) Power the printer on while continuing to hold the buttons until you see Status (and Pause - earlier versions only) Icon(s) LED(s) flashing.
4) The printer is now in Force Download Mode.
5) You can now begin to download the firmware to the printer.
- ZT200 Series Industrial Printers