ZT230 and ZT400 Firmware Download Failure and Force Download Mode
Article ID: 17194414
Topic or Information
How to put the printer into forced download mode to accept firmware
ZT410, ZT420 Printers
This procedure is used when the printer fails to recognize attempts to load a firmware file.
Force Download Procedure
Please Note: You can only use a Serial or USB** Communication as any fitted Ethernet, Parallel ports are not active in this mode.
**(If using USB you will need to download the firmware using a utility Read More>>
1) Make sure the printer is powered off.
2) Hold down the top two menu selection buttons (highlighted in the picture below), whilst the printer is powered off.
3) Power the printer on and continue holding the buttons until you see "Download New Firmware, Serial: 115200,8,N,1, USB: Active"
4) The printer is now in Force Download Mode.
5) You can now begin to download the firmware to the printer.
Firmware and download instructions Read More>>
6) Once the firmware is successfully installed, the printer will reboot. The new firmware version will be shown on the printer's LCD.
+ Product Codes
- All Surface RFID Label Solution
- ZT200 Series Industrial Printers
- ZT210 Industrial Printer
- ZT220 Industrial Printer
- ZT400 Series RFID Printers
- ZT410 RFID Industrial Printer
- ZT420 RFID Industrial Printer