Topic or Information
Setting the +MONO value in the ZXP 1/ZXP 3 Driver
Ways to adjust monochrome print quality in the ZXP1 and ZXP3 card printers.
ZXP 1 and ZXP 3
This procedure will help when monochrome print quality issues are experienced using pre-printed cards.
1. Open the Driver Properties box.
2. Make sure the correct monochrome ribbon is selected in the windows driver (in both "Printing Preferences" and "Printing Defaults")
3. Using the "Image Control" button make sure the Black Intensity is properly set (all monochrome ribbon uses the black intensity value)
4. Further adjustment can be done in the "Tools" section of the windows driver with the "+MONO value" command.
a) To determine the current value of "+MONO" send the command without the value. (in this view it is 25, the second value has no meaning
b) The value range is "-127 to 127" increase for more monochrome intensity (in this view "value" is being set to 30)
5. If more intensity is required then the print head resistance can be modified by ± 200.
a) Check the print head resistance and verify against label on print head
b) Change the print head resistance with the "!R value" command.