The following is the procedure to apply the Hotfix. It is assumed that the ActiveSync installed on the PC.
1) ActiveSync the scanner to a PC;
2) Open up the “Application” folder on the device using “Explore” on ActiveSync;
3) Copy the InstallCab.reg file to “\Application” folder:
4) Copy the symbol.all.arm.cab file that was loaded on the PC when the EMDK was installed to “\Application” folder;
Note default location for the cab file is: C:\Program Files\Motorola EMDK for .NET\v2.x\SDK\Smart Devices\wce500\armv4i
5) Cold boot the scanner (by press and hold scan trigger and ‘2’ key. Wait for screen going black the 2nd time and release the trigger and key. Or, just remove the battery and reinsert it to cold boot.)
Note that it will take about 30 seconds longer to cold the unit due to the time required to install the cab file.
The scanner should boot up with the Hotfix applied.