RS5000 Firmware Revision 001-R05 Release Notes
The RS5000 Ring Scanner is a next generation corded ring scanner for Zebra wearable mobile computers that provides omnidirectional 1D and 2D scanning in a compact, one finger format.
This is the initial firmware release for the RS5000 and includes support for the following features:
- SSI host support.
- The latest in 1D/2D scanning technology
- CAADIS00-001-R05D0.DAT - RS5000 firmware release 001-R05.
This software release has been approved for use with the following Zebra devices.
This firmware release may be installed on any compatible RS5000 device.
- On WT41N0 device, using the firmware update utility, available on \Windows\FirmwareUpdate\FirmwareUpdate.exe.
- Download the new firmware to the WT41N0 device.
- Connect the RS5000 scanner to a WT41N0 device.
- Launch the FirmwareUpdate utility.
- Say 'No' to 'Is your scanner in Bluetooth mode?' dialog.
- The utility tries to detect the scanner. If the scanner's power buffer is is low on charge, then the first detection attempt may fail, and a retry will be needed.
- Click 'Firmware...' button and select the new firmware file (.DAT file).
- Click 'Flash Scanner' button.
- Download process will start.
- Once download is complete, the scanner will reboot and flash red/green during firmware update process.
- Once the update process is completed, you can launch FirmwareUpdate utility again to confirm the new revision of the firmware.
Wearable Terminal OS Compatibility
- 3.54.02 and newer, but 4.57.5 is recommended.
- For OS version 1.26.46, download and install "WT41OS12646FIX.cab" file to fix the scanner operation problem after suspend/resume of the terminal.
- For DataWedge users, they need to make following changes to the DataWedge setting. This can be done manually as following. After a Cold Boot, these steps will need to be repeated.
- Reboot the device
- Start > Settings > Control Panel > DataWedge. This will open DataWedge control panel.
- Advanced Configuration > Profiles > Profile 0 > Input > Scanner > SSI Scanner Driver
- 'Enabled' is already checked at this point. Click 'Enabled' to uncheck. Click 'Enabled' again to check it again.
- Click 'Back' or press 0 repeatedly until it asks 'Are you sure you want to exit?' - Click 'OK'
- NOTE: Same configuration change can be done
- The DataWedge configuration change described above can alternatively be applied via an installable CAB file (DWBTPatchV1.cab).The new configuration will persist after Cold Boot.
Part Number and Release Date
Dec 7, 2016