To install an image, perform the following instructions:
1. The image file must be renamed 8515.img or 8515os.img which will be loaded after reboot of loading 8515.img.
2. Copy the file to the root directory of the USB storage stick or the removable disk detected by your PC when plugging in a USB cable into 8515's USB Type B connector.
3. Plug in the USB storage stick into one of two USB combo connectors of 8515.
4. Press and hold down [Blue FN] key, [Space] key and [Power] key, simultaneously for a minimum of six seconds. Loading will start itself.
5. When the update is complete, the device reboots to the main operating system (if one has been installed).
6. Remove the MicroSD card from the device to prevent the device from performing the upgrade process again on the next cold boot, and then disconnect external power. The device is now ready to be used.
Note that the images can also be installed via Removable disk detected by PC.
After Step 4 as above, a removable disk will be detected by your PC when plugging in a USB cable into 8515's USB Type B connector from PC; Copy the file to the root directory of the removable disk; Safely remove or eject the removable disk, loading will start itself followed by Step 5.