MC67ND Operating System BSP 04.56.13 Release Notes
Give your field workforce all the tools they need to work faster and smarter with the rugged 4G HSPA+ and CDMA / EVDO MC67. With the MC67, your workers can do whatever it takes to get the job done. Access information in your backend system. Scan practically any bar code in almost any condition. Capture documents to simplify recordkeeping. Take and send video and photos for real-time repair support. Call a customer with an arrival window. All at 4G HSPA+ or CDMA / EVDO speed. So whether your workers are involved in sales, service, deliveries, inspections or issuing citations, they have the tools they need to improve efficiency, accuracy and customer service — all in one rugged device that loves life in the field.
Update Loader Image 04.56.13 contains the Software required to update an MC67ND device to the Rev D software release.
WEHH 6.5 Professional AKU 29344 (220.127.116.11)
Windows Mobile BSP 56.10
Monitor upgraded to 1.21.00
FPGA ver. 2.19
General Enhancements in 04.56.13:
Included Updated/Rebranded Fusion Software X_2.02.0.0.019R
Included Updated/Rebranded MSP Client v07.08.77
Included Updated/Rebranded RD Client v07.08.77
Included Updated/Rebranded DataWedge 3.7.10
Included Updated/Rebranded MaxDemo –7.0.14
Included Updated/Rebranded emscript/CaptureDump
Added SOTI Client v11.2.0 (Build-899)
SPR 26651 - Resolved an issue where key repetition issue is observed when Alpha mode is switched on/off.
SPR 26945 - Resolved an issue wherein the device does not go to critical suspend.
SPR 26947 - Resolved an issue wherein incorrect time stamp is reported in received SMS messages.
SPR 27155 - Resolved an issue wherein MC67 does not recognize RFID sled occasionally when it is connected.
SPR 25046/24733 - Resolved an issue wherein the device will not active sync if is connected to a PC which is put to sleep mode.
By Default "Update Loader/AirBEAM" packages will NOT perform Cleaning of the Application partition, "Update Loader" zip file will contain file for Cleaning Application but by default the entry will not be present in the "pkgs.lst", If the User wants to clean the Application partition, user should add the "67NDw65HenCA000001.bin" File name in the "pkgs.lst" and copy the file with updated "pkgs.lst" into the device before running update process.
If any Symbol patches have previously been installed that they should either be removed prior to updating the OS Or the “67NDw65HenCA000001.bin”/"67NDw65HenCA000001.apf" should be included in the update package to ensure those older patches are no longer installed
67NDw65HenZP045613.zip - Update Loader package
67NDw65HenAB045613.zip - Airbeam package
This software release has been approved for use with the following Symbol devices.
Microsoft WEHH 6.5 Professional
MC67ND device must contain a released version of Microsoft WEHH 6.5 Professional
Update Loader Package:
Standard Update Procedure -Device is cleaned of all persistent storage data. use this to update your device to a newer version of the OS.
1. Download the Update Loader Package 67NDw65HenZP045613.zip
2. Unzip the contents of 67NDw65HenZP045613.zip, after extraction 3 files are available 67NDw65HenSS000219.zip, 67NDw65HenUL045613.zip, PXS8_FW03.001_06_R_V2.CAB
3. Unzip each packages & install in the order 67NDw65HenSS000219.zip, 67NDw65HenUL045613.zip, PXS8_FW03.001_06_R_V2.CAB
a - Copy all files into either the \Temp folder on the device or at the root directory of a Storage Card.
b - If the contents are copied to SD card then place the SD card in the device to be upgraded.
c - Place the device to be upgrade on an A/C power.
d - Navigate to the SD Card or \Temp folder and invoke the program STARTUPDLDR.EXE.
e - The update will take about 5 minutes to complete.Please do not remove the device from A/C power during this time.
f - Once the download completes and the system reboots, the update is complete and the device is ready for use.
4. For detailed instructions please see "INSTRUCTIONS.TXT" which is part of 67NDw65HenZP045613.zip
Standard Update Procedure - This method erases all data in the Persistent storage of the device.
1. Download the AirBeam OSUpdate Package 67NDw65HenAB045613.zip
2. Apply the AirBeam Update packages
3. Once the download completes and the system reboots, the update is complete and the device is ready for use.
4. For detailed instructions please see "MC67_MSP_Installation_Instructions.txt" which is part of 67NDw65HenAB045613.zip for update through MSP
Downgrade to v01.28.00/ v03.51.03 - Standard Downgrade Procedure:
1. Download the Update Loader Package 67NDw65HenUL012800.zip / 67NDw65HenUL035103.zip(can be found in 67NDw65HenZP035103.zip)
2. Unzip the package and copy all files into either the \Temp folder on the device or at the root directory of a Storage Card.
3. If the contents are copied to SD card then place the SD card in the device to be upgraded.
4. Place the device to be upgrade on an A/C power.
5. Navigate to the SD Card or \Temp folder and invoke the program STARTUPDLDR.EXE.
6. The update will take about 5 minutes to complete.Please do not remove the device from A/C power during this time.
7. Once the download completes and the system reboots, the update is complete and the device is ready for use.
Note: For devices having Ortus display
Downgrading from RevD v04.56.13/RevC v03.51.03 to RevA v01.28.00 is not allowed on devices having ortus display, since Rev A image doesn't support "Ortus display".
To identify display type on the device, go to Start-Settings-System Info-ConfigInfo tab . If display id is COM35H3N81 then device uses Ortus display
Part Number and Release Date
August 11, 2015