Workabout Pro 4 Operating System BSP 2.0 - Hotfix CFE 2.2 Release Notes
The Workabout Pro 4 is a modular, industrial hand held computer. Microsoft WinCE6 Professional is one of the two OS options for this device.
Improvements in this release:
· Allow the state of the expansion GPIOs on the 100 pin connector to be read
· Improved WWAN throughput performance
· New version of WiFi stack with stability improvements
· Allow applications to reliably open WWAN GPS COM ports
· Update System Properties to include WWAN radio module name
· Prevent SE1524 scanner failure following a suspend/resume
· WWANUI: Improve phone number auto-complete during held call
· WWANUI: Allow Call Barring to be disabled through menu
· WWAN: Handle SMS Class 1 correctly
· Uncheck "Disable touch screen on lock" for Win CE by default
· Add Model Type information to System Properties
· Added support for reporting the UHF RFID reader type
· Add WWAN support to the SUPL helper service
· Make the WAN GPS virtual serial port power-managed
· Many localization fixes
This software release has been approved for use with the following devices.
Windows CE 6.0 Professional
- MicroSD card 2GB or greater formatted as FAT32
- OR USB Memory stick and WAP 4 docking cradle
To update the operating system software of the HC1, follow the procedure below:
1. The firmware can be upgraded using a USB Memory Stick or using a microSD Card.
2 .The firmware file must be renamed 7528os.img
3. Copy the file containing the firmware upgrade to the root directory of the USB memory stick or Micro SD card
4. Install the USB memory stick into the docking cradle or install the Micro SD card into the WAP 4 in the Micro SD slot in the battery compartment.
5. Press and hold down the [Blue FN] key, the [SCAN] key and the [Power] key, simultaneously for a minimum of six seconds.
6. When the update is complete, the device reboots to the main operating system.
7. Remove the MicroSD card from the device to prevent the device from performing the upgrade process again on the next cold boot, and then disconnect external power. The device is now ready to be used.
Part Number and Release Date
June 18, 2014