Workabout Pro 4 Operating System BSP 2.0 - Hotfix CFE 2.3 - Localized Release Notes
The Workabout Pro 4 is a modular, industrial hand held computer. Microsoft Windows CE Professional 6 is one of the two OS options for this device.
! IMPORTANT ! 7528 Release 2.3 OS Patch v1.1 must be installed along with this OS image.
Improvements in the OS release:
- Australian Approvals support
- Added EMDK support for these APIs: AudioEx, Printer, Keyboard, Keylight, Display
- Improved EMDK support for Resource Co-ordinator API
- Added support for Stonetreet Bluetooth stack. To select stack:
- Wideband Audio support with Stonestreet Bluetooth
- Added support for Digital Zoom for image resolutions up to 3 Megapixels
- Improved JPEG compression quality for camera
- Add "Transmit AIM ID" option to Scanner Services
- Add support for SE965 Phase II Hardware
- SE4500 Performance Improvements
- Allow .NET applications to open the GPS intermediate driver port
- Upgraded WiFi stack
7528 Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5.3 OS Image v2.3
This software release has been approved for use with the following Symbol devices.
Workabout Pro 4 (7528)
Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5.3
The following components must be installed before using this product.
7528 Release 2.3 OS Patch v1.1
To update the operating system software of the WAP 4, follow the procedure below:
The firmware can be upgraded using a USB Memory Stick or using a microSD Card.
The firmware file must be renamed 7528os.img
Copy the file containing the firmware upgrade to the root directory of the USB memory stick or Micro SD card
Install the USB memory stick into the docking cradle or install the Micro SD card into the WAP 4 in the Micro SD slot in the battery compartment
Press and hold down the [Blue FN] key, the [SCAN] key and the [Power] key, simultaneously for a minimum of six seconds.
When the update is complete, the device reboots to the main operating system.
Remove the MicroSD card from the device to prevent the device from performing the upgrade process again on the next cold boot, and then disconnect external power. The device is now ready to be used.
Install add-on cab file.
To install 7528 Release 2.3 OS Patch v1.1, follow the procedure below:
Copy patch cab file to SD or USB storage device.
Ensure that the battery is present, and the device is in a powered docking station or snap-module.
Insert the storage device.
Boot the device.
Using File Explorer, browse to the patch file on storage media.
Double click on patch file.
After installation is complete, the device will warm reset automatically.
Part Number and Release Date
December 12, 2014