Workabout Pro 4 Operating System BSP 2.0 - Hotfix CFE 2.6 Release Notes
The Workabout Pro 4 is a modular, industrial hand held computer. Microsoft Windows CE Professional 6 is one of the two OS options for this device.
The following issues have been resolved in this Hotfix CFE:
The network Icon for Ethernet dock does not show on the task bar and Network properties cannot be changed.
Possible memory leak in system DLL "usbserial.dll" when rapidly toggling USB expansion power.
Customer expects COM1: to be listed by the Bluetooth Manager applet when attempting to (manually) create a serial pairing.
· 7528_CE6_PRO_CHS_MULTI_2.6.43352.img (Chinese Simplified)
· 7528_CE6_PRO_CHT_MULTI_2.6.43352.img (Chinese Traditional)
· 7528_CE6_PRO_EFIGS_MULTI_2.6.43352.img (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
· 7528_CE6_PRO_JPN_MULTI_2.6.43352.img (Japanese)
· 7528_CE6_PRO_KOR_MULTI_2.6.43352.img (Korean)
This software release has been approved for use with the following Zebra devices.
· All Workabout Pro 4 (7528) Windows CE 6.0 Professional SKUs
· WAP Pro 4 (7528) with CE 6.0 Professional device.
· MicroSD card 2GB or greater formatted as FAT32.
· Or USB Memory stick and WAP 4 docking cradle.
· If previously installed, uninstall '7528 Release 2.3 OS Patch v1.1'.
To update the operating system software of the WAP 4, follow the procedure below:
1. 0If previously installed, uninstall '7528 Release 2.3 OS Patch v1.1' (Instructions below).
2. The firmware can be upgraded using a USB Memory Stick or using a microSD Card.
3. Download the required Firmware file(.img) from support portal and the firmware file must be renamed as 7528os.img
4. Copy the file containing the firmware upgrade to the root directory of the USB memory stick or Micro SD card.
5. Install the USB memory stick into the docking cradle or install the Micro SD card into the WAP 4 in the Micro SD slot in the battery compartment.
6. Press and hold down the [Blue FN] key, the [SCAN] key and the [Power] key, simultaneously for a minimum of six seconds.
7. When the update is complete, the device reboots to the main operating system.
8. Remove the MicroSD card from the device to prevent the device from performing the upgrade process again on the next cold boot, and then disconnect external power. The device is now ready to be used.
To uninstall 7528 Release 2.3 OS Patch v1.1, follow the procedure below:
1. Delete contents of \Application\tiinit folder.
2. Clean start device or update operating system software