EP10 Operating System BSP 3.6 Release Notes
Built on the core technologies of the Omnii™ platform from, the EP10 packs full-sized functionality into a handy, ergonomic device. The operating system for EP10 is Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5.3.
1. Update WiFi radio firmware to comply with ETSI EN 300 328 v1.8.1 standard requirements
2. Improved WWAN throughput
3. GCF compliance improvements
1. OS Image
2. Add-on cab file
This software release has been approved for use with the following Symbol devices.
Windows Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5.3
· MicroSD card 2GB or greater formatted as FAT32 or USB storage device
1. Confirm that the Multi-Image is named 7515OS.img and copy it to a SD or USB storage device.
2. Remove or rename any other file on the storage device named 7515OS.img.
3. Ensure that the battery is present, and the device is in a powered dockingstation or snap-module.
4. Insert the storage device.
5. Boot the device into BooSt by pressing and holding the Blue + Power + Left Scan buttons (simultaneously) for 6 seconds.
6. The image should run, and load the appropriate files. Do not remove the storage device or power until the upgrade process has been successfully completed.
7. When the OS has installed, use the file manager to locate the Add-On cab (on your storage device), and install it by double clicking it. The EP10 will do an automatic restart in order to complete this installation process.
Part Number and Release Date
July 16, 2014