1. 405Bw65XenUL034404.zip / 405Bw65XenAB034404.apf
· partition.mbn - Partition Table
· Pkgs.lst - Images list installed through update loader
· StartUpdLdr.exe - Launch update loader
· modem.smb - Modem Firrmware
· FLASH.bin - Windows Mobile 6.5 Image
Bugs Fixed/Changes from OS image 44.0000
The following features were either not included in the original release or were part of a point release. Additional high level changes are listed as well.
General Stability/Exceptions/ Crashes/Lockups
· SPR23804 - Resolved an issue specific to carriers: Roger, Telus and T- Mobile where on some occasions the GPRS connection settings were lost.
· SPR23918 - Resolved outlook white screen issue caused due to a combination of contact creation/suppression, editing, making outgoing call from contact.
· SPR22340- Added an option "Persistent Disabled" to keep the Keylight disabled after reboot.
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\KeyLightDrv] "InitialState"=dword: 00000000
By default, "InitialState" value is set to 0. For Keylight 'Persistent Disabled' option, set it to 4.
· Microsoft - Windows Embedded Handheld - AKU 22.214.171.124.22 Build 29177
· When updating from ANY earlier images (Microsoft/Datalight File systems) To 3.44.0004 image, the " Application Partition will be persisted".
· "Non-Datalight Images" (Microsoft File System) - 2.31.02 Or Older.
· "Datalight Images" (Datalight FlashFX File System) - 2.41.400/3.44.0000 Or Above.
· When Updating from "Non-Datalight Images" (2.31.02 Or Older) to "Datalight Images" (2.41.400/3.44.0000 Or Above) Available flash memory is reduced by approximately 170MB due to the implementation of the Datalight FlashFX file system when compared to older OS versions (Microsoft File System).
· When updating from ANY earlier image to 3.44.0004 image, the "Application Partition will be persisted".
· While downgrading from 3.44.0004 image to ANY Older images (BSP44.0000 Or Older) the "Application Partition will NOT be persistent"
- Note : When downgrading from "Datalight Image" to "Datalight Image" if from the later image "CleanAppl.bin" is removed from the "pkg.lst file" then the "Application Partition will be persistent"
· "Clean Boot" and "CleanBoot and Clean Application" packages have been updated ("ES400-MC65-CleanBoot&CleanBoot-Blank_v2.zip") for OS versions containing the Datalight FlashFX flash file system (BSP 2.41.400 / 3.44.0000 or later). The new packages are compatible with older OS versions as well.
· Users with applications that utilize Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 are advised to update to Service Pack 2 which can be downloaded from Microsoft. Some users have reported that this has resolved a sqlcese30.sys.dll crash in their application.
· The following older software patches that utilized the update loader method to load the patch are not supported on this OS due to incompatibility with the Datalight FlashFX flash file system. These patches should NOT be loaded onto any OS version from 2.41.xl or later, or it will result in the device failing to boot and will require the OS to be reloaded using the USB loader recovery method with assistance from Support.
- SPR21310 patch - Removed ability to enter engineering menu from the boot screen by holding down the "w" key while booting and removed ability to Clean Boot the device from the boot screen by holding down the "c" key while booting. [note this fix has been integrated into all ES400 OS versions since -02.41.0400]
- SPR20095 patch - When using a wired headset, an incoming ring is only heard on the wired headset. [note this fix has been integrated into this OS release]
- SPR20773 patch - When using a device in a vehicle cradle and the device is completely powered off via the press and hold power button shutdown menu, the device will turn on and boot up when external power is removed from the vehicle cradle. [note this fix has been integrated into this OS release]
Other General Best Practices:
· Use Application\Startup folder to load applications not Windows\Startup folder as items in Windows\Startup run very early in the boot process and it is possible for items to start prior to full system resources being available.
· Programmatic Suspend API: PowerPolicyNotify - this is the only suspend API supported. VK_Off method is not supported.
· Programmatic Warm Boot API: ExitWindowsEx(EWX_REBOOT,0); - this is the only warm boot API supported.
· Customer configurations that require a large usage of virtual memory may benefit from a regularly scheduled programmatic warm boot. Frequency of the scheduled warm boot would depend on each customer�s usage of virtual memory.
Following can help with specific customer setups:
· Applications such as GPS Mapping where map files are stored on an SD card will require "SD-Card_HighAvailabilty mode". This mode retains file handles during suspend and resume of the device so that the SD card is available immediately following a suspend/resume. To enable this mode launch the CAB installer, "RemoveSealedSlot_SD-Card_HighAvailabilty.cab", from the \Windows folder.