ET50 Android L 01-08-21 GMS - HotFix CFE v1 Package Release Notes
HotFix CFE (Cumulative Fixes from Engineering) Package contains multiple SPR Hotfixes into a single package. The HotFix CFE Package helps the end users to keep up to date with all the SPR hotfixes for given product software release / revision.
HotFix CFE packages are validated only by engineering validation team and the package follows Zebra Technologies HotFix Package Policy. Click here to view HotFix Package Policy.
Component Description and Version
|Component / Description||Version|
|UPLMC FW version||UPLMC_0065_07|
|SOTI||12.2.0 Build 23469|
Fixes/Security Patches Included:
The Hotfix CFE Package CFE-ET50-L-N0-010821_G_00_01.zip file includes the following HotFixes:
|SPR30979||-||Fixed the issue, when the ET5x is re-docked in the cradle, USB devices are not visible|
|BSPA18793||-||Fixed the issue in scanner firmware for few parameter mismatch|
|SPR30992||-||Improved touch panel sensitivity|
1. The device should not have any patches installed. If you have installed any patches already, please do factory reset before installing this CFE
2. EMDK version should be greater than 18.104.22.168. Do not install prior versions
This HotFix CFE package software release has been approved for use with the following Zebra devices.
|Device||Operating System||BSP Version|
This SW is intended for the ET50 Android L device running on 01-08-21-LG-0R-M1 build only.
1. Connect the USB cable from your PC to the device and enable USB mass storage mode on the device.
2. On your PC you should see an internal and external USB mass storage drive (SD card) appears in the File Explore and copy "CFE-ET50-L-N0-010821_G_00_01.zip" file to any storage.
3. Press and hold on the device Power button,click on power off and wait until the screen is turned OFF.
4. Press and hold power and Vol- button
5. Keep holding Vol- button and release power button
6. Device should enter recovery mode
7. Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate and press power button to select recovery mode
8. Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate and select SD card or internal storage
9. Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate to the recovery update zip file
10. Click on power button to select the recovery update zip file.
11. Device will automatically reboot and will be ready to use.
12. There are two ways to Check the Android Patch Level after install the CFE package in the device,
- Settings->About Device-> Zebra Patch Version
- Run “getprop ro.device.patch.version” command in ADB Shell.