1. Unzip ZIP file and copy its content (OSUpdate folder) to the \temp folder
2. Place the device to be upgraded on A/C power supply.
3. Navigate to the \Temp\OSUpdate folder and invoke the 18X0c70Ben_TEMP shortcut
The update may take around 5 minutes to complete. Please do not remove the device from A/C power during this time.
1. If the device has a Tianma display then the device is not allowed to downgrade to any of the earlier images (RevA(01.48.17)/A1(01.48.28)/A2(01.48.29)/A3(01.48.37).
2. If the device has a Sharp RevC display panel then the device is allowed to downgrade to 01.48.37 only.
To find the display present in the terminal, Go to System Info Applet on the device by navigating to Start->Settings->Control Panel->’System Info Applet’->’Config Info’ Tab.
If the ‘Display Type’ is shown as LQ040Y3DX80B, it is a Sharp RevB Panel.
If the ‘Display Type’ is shown as LQ040Y3DX80C, it is a Sharp RevC Panel.
If the ‘Display Type’ is shown as TM040DYHG36, it is a Tianma Panel.
Note: RevA(01.48.17)/A1(01.48.28)/A2(01.48.29)/RevB(02.57.01)/RevB1(02.57.03)/RevB2(02.57.05) OS images are obsolete now. Downgrading to any of these earlier released OSUpdate Package is not recommended.
Known Issues with 02.57.07 image:
1. The bootup Splash screen will be inverted with devices having Sharp display panel.
2. The IPL Screen will be inverted with devices having Tianma display panel.
Note: if you are using your custom splash screen from any of the earlier images then it will come up inverted in Tianma Panel devices with image 02.57.07 so you need to recreate the inverted Splash screen to make the appearance correct.