OS Recovery Update Package
1. Connect the USB cable from your PC to the device
2. Make sure MTP mode is selected in the USB settings in the device and MTP drivers are installed in your PC
3. The internal SD card of MC18 will be seen in your PC as mounted drive
4. Copy the recovery update zip file to the root folder on internal SD card
5. Remove USB cable from PC
6. Press and hold scan button for approximately 10 seconds, while in cradle to reboot the terminal. Unit will power off at this point. Release the Scan button then again, press the scan button briefly and release it, and device will start powering on.
7. Keep holding down scan trigger immediately.
8. When Android logo appears on the screen release scan trigger (Note: If the terminal is in cradle and the trigger is pressed for more than 10 seconds it will power off. So in step above, ensure to remove the trigger as soon as the android logo appears.)
9. Navigation in the recovery menu is as follows -> Tap on the screen to switch through the options/files -> Press scan trigger to select an option/file.
10. Select "apply update from On Device Storage"
11. Select the zip file package on /sdcard that you want to update to
12. When update is complete, select "reboot system now"
OS AirBEAM Update package
Please refer Mobility Service Platform deployment guide for instruction.
Note: Battery must be 30% charged to perform update