MC36 Operating System 1D BSP 1.40 Release Notes
MC36 mobile computer device is a valuetiered rugged data capture terminal for the Asia market, specifically China. The MC36 offers dual SIM card slots so enterprise organizations can ensure connectivity for workers that travel large territories with areas better served by different networks. The target carriers in China are China Mobile (TDSCDMA) and China Unicom (WCDMA).
MC36 is a ruggedized device based on Android for the enterprise market that blends the capabilities of a smart phone with those of a traditional enterprise PDA.
MC36 has a number of enterprisegrade features, including a touchscreen that can be used with gloves, barcode capture capability and IP65 rating for dust and water protection. and is designed for a longer lifecycle than the typical smart phone.
With MC36 the workers can capture practically any type of data — from bar codes to photos, videos and NFC — improving on the job efficiency and customer service.
And with a drop, tumble and environmental sealing specification you can count on, it has the durability required to serve your field workers for years.
1. Kit Kat 4.4.2
2. Kernel v2.4.6
3. Scanning Framework 1.0.1
4. WiFi FW 7.a3
5. NFC NCORE_1.30_15081101
6. BT 8a00
7. TP FW 5509
8. Modem MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V62.F1.P2
1. M36N0KXXVRPCP14000.zip – MC36 Patch Update Package
This software release has been approved for use with the following devices.
This SW is intended for the MC36 device.
Recovery Method (using SD Card)
1. Boot up MC36 into Android OS.
2. Connect MC36 to PC over USB cable
3. Make sure MTP mode is selected in the USB settings in the device and MTP drivers are installed in your PC (see section 2 above for drivers)
4. The SD Card of MC36 should be seen in your PC.
5. Copy M36N0KXXVRPCP14000.zip onto root directory of the SDCard
6. Press and hold <Power> Key for 2 seconds and select reboot in the poweroff popup menu.
7. Press and hold <Volume Up> key as soon as the device starts rebooting.
8. When Android boot logo appears on the screen, release the <Volume Up> key
9. Wait until recovery menu appear
10. Use <Volume Up> and <Volume Down> keys to navigate menu items.
11. Use <Enter> Key to select menu item.
12. Select “apply update from sdcard”
13. Select the “M36N0KXXVRPCP14000.zip” package on /sdcard
14. When update is complete , select “reboot system now” to reboot
Recovery Method (without SDCard)
1. Connect MC36 Android unit to PC over USB cable
2. Press and hold <Power> Key for 2 seconds and select reboot in the poweroff popup menu
3. Press and hold <Volume Up> key as soon as the device starts rebooting.
4. When Android reboot logo appears on the screen release <Volume_Up> key
5. Wait until recovery menu appear
6. Use <Volume Up> and <Volume Down> keys to navigate items.
7. Use <Enter> key to select menu item.
8. Select "apply update from adb".
9. On PC side, go to the directory where you have the M36N0KXXVRPCP14000.zip
10. Run “adb sideload M36N0KXXVRPCP14000.zip” in commend line console
11. When update is complete , select “reboot system now” on device to reboot
Part Number and Release Date
October 26, 2015