MC40 Operating System FIPS BSP 03.09.0208 - Update Loader Image Release notes
Today, it’s important to provide an experience that will impress demanding and technology savvy customers and end-users. The MC40N0 Mobile Computer is a sleek, customizable device that puts all the needed information at the customers’ fingertips.
With an MC40N0, they can scan an item bar code to look up price, inventory availability or item location; ring up the sale; look up product information or a gift registry; present a comparison of multiple products; call others in the store for help with a question; and even complete a loyalty card application — anywhere in the store, without ever leaving the customer. The MC40N0 offers technology with an impressive look that can be customized in almost limitless ways to become an extension of your brand.
Recovery update package v03.09.0208(Build Date 020815) contains the software required to update an MC40N0 FIPS SKU device to JellyBean OS.
This software is intended to be loaded and run on the MC40N0 FIPS SKU devices. It is important that care be taken to match the device configuration with the appropriate Recovery update package. If an incorrect Recovery update package is loaded, the device may not boot.
MC40 JB RevB(Build Date 020815) Plus software release contains all the fixes/features/enhancements of JB RevB v02.08.0520 (Build Date 052014) SW release along with the following software changes.
Added software support for Liyi Touch Panel
Added software support
Added software support for Giant+ Display panel
Added software support for A19nm Toshiba Flash
- Included Rebranded Splash Screen / Boot Animation
The following components remain same as JB RevB v02.08.0520 (Build Date 052014)
- JellyBean 4.1.1
- Kernel v3.0.31
- Fusion A_3.01.0.0.034
- MX 3.5.1-1
- Scanning Framework v2.2.6
- DataWedge v1.7.5
- PTT Express v3.1.9
- MSP v7.08.67
- M40N0JXXFRUxx30208.zip – JellyBean OS Recovery update package
- M40N0JXXFAUxx30208.apf – JellyBean OS AirBEAM update package
This software release has been approved for use with the following devices.
1) The Software update requires FIPS SKU hardware device
2) Enterprise Reset and Factory Reset package files are available on the MC40 Software Download section on Support Central
1. OS Recovery Update Package
a. Connect the USB cable from your PC to the device
b. Make sure MTP mode is selected in the USB settings in the device and MTP drivers are installed in your PC
c. The internal SD card of MC40 will be seen in your PC as mounted drive MC40N0.
d. Copy the recovery update zip file to the root folder on internal SD card
e. Press and hold the Power button on the device until the Device options menu appears
f. Tap on Reset to reboot the device
g. When the device is rebooting hold the left Scan/Action button to enter Recovery update mode
h. When the Recovery Mode home screen (Android logo) appears then release the left Scan/Action button.
i. Touch Home button to enter Recovery menu screen
j. Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate to the "apply update from sdcard" option
k. Click on on PTT key to select the option
l. Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate to the recovery update zip file
m. Click on on PTT key to select the recovery update zip file
n. Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate “reboot system now” and Click on PTT key to reboot the device
2. OS AirBEAM Update package
a. Please refer Mobility Service Platform deployment guide for instruction.
Note: Battery must be 30% charged to perform update
1. On a MC40 RevA Hardware running JB RevB Plus SW v03.09.0208 (Build Date 020815), if the user updates same RevB Plus OS again, then the update would fail.
The following procedure must be followed to resolve this issue.
- Update JB RevB v02.08.0520 (Build Date 052014) SW on the device running with SW v03.09.0208 (Build Date 020815).
- Once JB RevB v02.08.0520 (Build Date 052014) SW update is complete, Update JB RevB Plus SW v03.09.0208 (Build Date 020815) again.
2. Downgrade to JB RevB v02.08.0520 (Build Date 052014) SW Release or earlier releases is not supported on RevB Plus Hardware which contains Giant Plus Display, Liyi or TPK Touch Panel.
To find out whether the device is a RevB Plus Hardware, Go to Settings->About Device->Hardware config->Display and Check name of the Display.
If Display name is shown as "GiantPlus GPM1517A0", it is RevB Plus Hardware.
Part Number and Release Date
Mar 30, 2015