Recovery Update procedure:
1. Connect the USB cable from your PC to the device
2. Make sure MTP mode is selected in the USB settings in the device and MTP drivers are installed in your PC
3. The internal SD card of MC40 will be seen in your PC as mounted drive MC40N0.
4. Copy the recovery update zip file to the root folder on internal SD card
5. Press and hold the Power button on the device until the Device options menu appears
6. Tap on Reset to reboot the device
7. When the device is rebooting hold the left Scan/Action button to enter Recovery update mode
8. When the Recovery Mode home screen (Android logo) appears then release the left Scan/Action button.
9. Touch Home button to enter Recovery menu screen
10. Click on Vol+ or Vol to navigate to the "apply update from sdcard" option
11. Click on on PTT key to select the option
12. Click on Vol+ or Vol to navigate to the recovery update zip file
13. Click on on PTT key to select the recovery update zip file
14. Click on Vol+ or Vol to navigate “reboot system now” and Click on PTT key to reboot the device
OS AirBEAM Update package
Please refer Mobility Service Platform deployment guide for instruction.
Note: Battery must be 30% charged to perform update
Recovery Downgrade procedure: (To downgrade from MC40 KK to MC40 JB)
1. Copy released MC40 JB OS recovery package & JB EnterpriseReset package to the root folder on internal SD card
2. Reset to recovery mode and update the JB OS recovery package followed by EnterpriseReset package using the recovery
3. Reboot the device