MC45 Operating System BSP 04.17.0002 Release Notes
The MC45 is a size- and cost-optimized enterprise mobile computer that will help value- conscious enterprises affordably automate business processes in field mobility applications. It offers 3.5G WAN connectivity, high-performance 1D scanner, a color camera capable of picture taking and enterprise-class decoding of 2D barcodes, lightweight design, rugged construction and a core set of mobile computing features at affordable price points.
1. OS Version: Windows Mobile 6.5.3 AKU 5.2.29315 (Build 293188.8.131.52.37)
2. Fusion Software v184.108.40.206.64R
3. Virtual Platform 5.2.5312.27019
1. 459Xw65XenUL041702.zip : An UpdateLoader Package contained in a ZIP file.
2. 459Xw65XenAB041702.apf : A package for deployment using AirBEAM.
This software release has been approved for use with the following Symbol devices.
Windows Mobile 6.5.3
Windows Mobile 6.5.3
· MC4587 or MC4597 device must contain a released version of Windows Mobile Software.
Copy contents of zip file to SD card or to \Temp folder. Execute StartUpdLdr.exe or cold boot terminal by pressing 1 + 9 + pwr and hold the left trigger key to start the update loader process.
The following features were either not included in the original release or were part of a point release. Additional high level changes are listed as well.
Bugs Fixed/Changes in this Release BSP 4.17.02 (from OS Image 03.16.0002)
· Microsoft - Windows Embedded Handheld - AKU 220.127.116.11.37 Build 29315.
· Fusion Rebranded Software H_18.104.22.168.064R is included.
· Rebranded EmScript(eMscriptcore version v1.3.5) and CaptureDump(v3.1.9) Debugging tools have been included.
· Data Wedge has been updated to v3.7.04.
· Virtual Platform - version 27019.
· Modem SVN has been updated to 10.
· " ES" option in Start->Settings->Home->Appearance has been renamed to "Mobile ES".
· " Home" options in Start->Settings->Home->Items has been changed to "Mobile Home".
· Ring Tone name " Ring" in Sounds & Notification applet has been renamed to "Mobile Ring".
· "Model Number" in Device Information application has been rebranded to show only MC45.
· Rebranded RTLogManager is included.
· Splash screen on Eboot and OS have been rebranded.
· Rebranded Enterprise Dialer is included
· SPR26360- Resolved an issue whereby when the USB client device drain over 300mA , the device will pop up message RFID sled.
· SPR26392 – SHA2 Support is added for WEHH6.5 devices. Resolved an issue whereby devices running WEHH6.5. SHA2 certificate is not recognized properly and installing any root SHA2 certificate gets installed in intermediate section rather than root section.Also there was an issue syncing emails from Microsoft exchange server.
· Updated WLAN driver version: Fusion H_22.214.171.124.064R.This version of Fusion is ETSI compliant.
· In WZC mode (Zero Config), TKIP option will not be available in the dropdown for WPA2 authentication from this release. Rules have been changed by Wi-Fi standards to remove TKIP for WPA2/WPA2-PSK & Microsoft has removed the TKIP encryption for WPA2/WPA2-PSK Authentication to meet this requirement.
· Use the below registry key to force the device to 2G or 3G. For these registry keys to take effect, the user must keep the Phone Network Settings Applet open and integrate the registry keys. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\NETWORKSELECT]
;"Sysid"=dword:4 //force to 2G only
"Sysid"=dword:3 //force to 3G only
· The device laser uses following reg key to maintain defaults of Reader and Interface parameters
o Adaptive Scanning is enabled by default. In order to make the Adaptive Scanning configurable, need to set the reg keys as following: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BarCodeReader\Settings] "Capabilities"=dword:00000103
· Users with applications that utilize Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 are advised to update to Service Pack 2 which can be downloaded from Microsoft. Some users have reported that this has resolved a sqlcese30.sys.dll crash in their application.
· Set the following registry key if the user doesn’t want to remount SD card after Suspend & Resume.
"SDHighAvailability"=dword:00000000 ; disabled SD High Availability by default.
Other General Best Practices
· Use Application\Startup folder to load applications not Windows\Startup folder as items in Windows\Startup run very early in the boot process and it is possible for items to start prior to full system resources being available.
· Programmatic Suspend API: PowerPolicyNotify - this is the only suspend API supported. VK_Off method is not supported.
· Programmatic Warm Boot API: ExitWindowsEx(EWX_REBOOT,0); - this is the only warm boot API supported.
· Many use cases benefit from a daily scheduled system reboot, especially use cases requiring a large amount of virtual memory. A scheduled daily system reboot is disabled by default. It can be enabled with the following registry settings (2:30AM local system time as an example below):
o [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ \dailyReboot]
o "dailyRebootTime" should be set as a string value in “HH:mm” format. If the time is set greater than 23 hours or greater than 59 minutes a popup warning will be shown on the device. If enabled, the scheduled reboot will occur even if the device is suspended.
Following can help with specific customer setups:
· Applications such as GPS Mapping where map files are stored on an SD card will require “SD-Card_HighAvailabilty mode”. This mode retains file handles during suspend and resume of the device so that the SD card is available immediately following a suspend/resume. To enable this mode launch the CAB installer, “RemoveSealedSlot_SD-Card_HighAvailabilty.cab", from the \Windows folder
Part Number and Release Date
January 14, 2015